Bed bugs are tiny creatures that are almost invisible but have the ability to give us sleepless nights. Bed bug bites are very itchy and scratching them constantly can cause infection. Some people can have real serious allergic reactions to bug bites and sleep deprivation and stress are the bonus health hazards one gets when one has a bed bug infestation in the house.
The matters get worse when they find their way into our houses and then to our comfortable beds and memory foam mattress India. Since beds and mattresses are also their most favorite breeding grounds, it gets extremely important to take care of these pesky pests and prevent them from infesting our houses.
Read more: Is it Safe to Buy Plywood Sheets Online?
While getting rid of the bed bugs completely needs professionally done chemical treatments, it is also the last thing you would like to do in your bed room. It is always better to be aware of a few simple measures that can be taken to prevent the infestation of bed bugs into the house.
So here are a few preventive measures we can take and checkthe bed bugs from getting into our houses.
Preventing Bed Bugs
If you want to prevent bud bugs from getting into your costly memory foam mattress price, here are a few things to remember:
- If you are planning to bring any second hand or used bed (or any other piece of furniture) in your home, make sure to check that for any signs of bed bug infestation.
- Vacuum the mattress frequently to prevent any kind of bed bug infestation.
- Use a good quality mattress cover with zips to encase the mattress completely. This will prevent the entry of bed bugs inside the mattress cover and the zip will make it easier to take them off regularly for a wash. You can also use a mattress cover that is pre-treated with the pesticides for this purpose.
- Remove all unnecessary clutter from your home since such items that have not been used for a fairly long time, form a perfect breeding ground for bed bugs.
Removing bed bugs from the mattress
- Remove any kind of clutter (if any) from around the bed and the mattress. Before cleaning the mattress, clean the area under and around the bed since any dirt in these areas can also help the bed bugs to breed.
- Before you start vacuuming, take a stiff brush and scrub the memory foam mattress, especially the seams to remove any kind of foreign particles including the bed bugs and their eggs.
- Vacuum the mattress well from both the sides, including the seams. Once you are done with vacuuming, do away with the cleaner bag of your machine responsibly. The correct way to do so is to put the cleaner bag in a plastic bag and dispose it off outside the house.
- Once you are done with the vacuuming, cover the mattress with a zippered mattress cover that is tightly woven. This will prevent the re-entry of bed bugs in the mattress. Keep the mattress cover on for at least year before you take them off to wash. This will kill any possible bed bug that was left alive post the vacuum session.
If all of this does not seem to work, do not delay and book yourself a session of professionally done bedbug extermination.
The Final Word
In certain conditions when the mattress gets infested by bed bugs, it is a better decision to buy a new one than treat the existing one of the infestation. Even if you decide to buy a new mattress, make sure that you have treated the entire house to get rid of the bug infestation. If you fail to do so, your new mattress will also get bug-ridden in no time at all!